We are looking for a Senior Developer who loves ElasticSearch and PHP. Someone who gets excited about large data sets and likes to build on smart commercial platform software.
ShowBird.com is a fast growing online booking platform for live entertainment. On the platform we offer more then 9000 performers like Bands, DJ’s, Singers, Dancers, Magicians, Stunt shows, Kids entertainment, Speakers, Cartoonists, Comedians, etc. etc. We are very ambitious and want to grow into the ‘booking.com’ for Live entertainment worldwide. Accordingly, we need our online application to develop into a full fledged marketplace with new features and functionality.
Our web solution is currently loved by more than 15000 users in the Netherlands and allows them to find, book and experience live performances for their own events. Our mission is to make it easy to find and book entertainment, but also to make the market transparent and direct.
Upcoming year, we will transition from a ‘skeleton crew’ to a product team with 3 engineers, 1 designer/tester, 1 scrum master, and 1 product owner. The company itself will grow from 9 to around 17 employees. We are really looking forward to this.
What team you will be on
This is a full-time, permanent position and you will join our core engineering team of three. As our company is based in the Netherlands and most of our tech team are nearshoring professionals. We are looking for someone who would like to work at our corporate office in Rijswijk, NL.
You can evolve into a lead developer as we grow and you will have a big involvement in that growth. You will work directly with the founders who have build the current solution and who will transition to a product owner role.
What product you will be supporting
You will be driving the technical evolution of our digital marketplace ShowBird.com.
Also, you will maintain the application of Plugify.nl.
Technical responsibilities and challenges in this role
- Build new user functionalities and communication mechanisms for the application.
- Extend and enhance the search functions of our platform.
- Build scalable APIs that allows data to easily flow in and out of our services.
- Make the application scalable and ready for international rollout.
- Maintain the development environment by rewriting, cleaning up and restructuring.
Key technologies you will be working with
The technology stack you’ll be working with includes (but not limited to):
- PHP (7)
- Joomla CMS
What impact will this job have on our company?
Your role is absolutely vital to the future success of our company. This is your chance to have real impact on the solution’s architecture, processes and tools being used. Our 2023 goal is to have a top notch solution for artists and their customers, that is stable and scalable. With you on our team we can achieve this.
How do we feel about this role and the future of our company?
As founders of our online success, we have put in everything to make it this far in our journey. After the Corona obstruction, we are now accelerating fast and we aim to continue the exponential growth in 2023. For those joining us in our journey, we are honored and are really looking forward to have a solid team that can play Champions League J.
What we like to see in you
- You’re a smart thinker and like to show that you are (by your code)
- You’re self disciplined and get things done (playing within a team)
- You’re proactive in your solutions and passionate about coding
- You’re awesome with ElasticSearch
- You’re awesome with PHP and a decent framework
- You’ve worked on technical challenges similar to this role for at least 5 years
Extra Points for any of the following
- You have experience being the tech lead in a small and close-knit team
- You have experience with AWS
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails
- You speak / write Dutch language
Good salary, bonus, vacation, health insurance, retirement benefits and reimbursement of travel expenses. We also equip you with the best tools money can buy. Our core principles are based around ownership, freedom and autonomy which is also reflected in the environment you will be working in. Here you can:
- Work with new technologies and raise your professional standards
- Build something new
- Have control over architectural decisions
- Live and work in the Netherlands
- Play in our modern office including gym, pool billiard and bar.
We value fun, personal growth and performance. Due to the nature of the (team)work, we really like you to work in the office. However, we are flexible in terms of working from home / remote when this creates a win-win for everyone (e.g. avoiding traffic, focused work, etc.).
The ShowBird office is situated in our privately owned building that houses us and our sister company ItaQ Good atmosphere at 10 minutes from center of The Hague.
ShowBird wants to conquer the world and we like to make that journey together with you!
Got interested or know someone who might be? Let us know…
Wat gaat er gebeuren?
Vul het formulier hieronder in en upload je CV.
Wij beoordelen CV's en kiezen de beste kandidaten om aan te bieden.
Wij nemen contact met je op zodra onze opdrachtgever een intake met jou wil inplannen.
Gefeliciteerd! Wij nemen contact met je op zodra je geselecteerd bent voor de opdracht.